Card Sketch April #4

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Am I the only one that's slightly worried about how fast this year is going? I mean it's almost the end of April for heavens sake!!! The year is nearly 1/3 over! Maybe it's because I've been "off" and it's just crept up on me? Anyway here is the card sketch for this week. As usual digital download in my store for a limited time.


Here is the last card made with my Paper Loft papers. They are pretty papers, especially love this graphic floral. The ribbon is just scraps, and the rub-ons I have had FOREVER. I don't even think PSX is around anymore? Anyone? lol! As you can see I opted for a sentiment rather than monogram.

"Friends" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: Georgia Pacific; Paper: Paper Loft; Ribbon: Offray; Rub-on: PSX (Duncan)

Before I get to the rest of the girls, just a quick update! Cindy and Jolene have stepped down from the team and I wish them well for the future! I won't be replacing them anytime soon, as I have the guest designers lined up till June, then I'll probably ask 1-2 of the guests to stay on for the rest of 2008. BIG CONGRATS to Kim who's card is missing this week as she got it picked up for publication. So look out for that in CARDS, September issue (and remember to look out for both Chrys and myself in July's CARDS featuring cards from my sketches!).



First up this week is Karen, one of the GDT for this month, and doing an awesome job too! Love the floral paper on top, just peeking out. Touch of ric rac and how she changed the bottom ribbon for a sentiment.

"Birthday Wishes" card by Karen Leahy
Supplies: K and Co papers and grand adhesions stickers, a Hot Off the Press birthday stamp and a chipboard monogram (make unknown) I also used some sparkly rikrak and a couple of punched flowers




Chrys rocked the sketch with some pretty papers and swirls! Love the touches of orange on this with the pale blue, really POPS!

"Lets get together" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Collage Press pattern paper; Art Warehouse rub ons; Scenic Route rub ons; Prima flower; Autumn leaves button



Elegant card from Jo, with soft colors, stitching and flowers. Love the beaded flower centers too!

"Thinking of You" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, DCWV Luxury Stack paper, HOTP paper (earth’s Palette), vintage image from Ebay CD, Making Memories ribbon, Heidi grace sentiment stamp ( from greetings set), Creative Beginnings silver embossing powder, DMC silver thread, Prima flowers and various beads.



Love this card by Annette, she really made it her own! The scallops work well with this design! With Kim's stamps too, you can't go wrong!

"Best Wishes" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, K&Co Wild Saffron Patterned Paper, Scenic Route chipboard letters, Creative CafĂ© felt, Robin’s Nest Dew Drops, Kim Hughes (CHF) Rubber Stamp, Colorbox inks and chalks



Jan made this BEAUTIFUL card this week, totally love it! The papers, colors and bracket edge work so well together.

"Happy Birthday" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Making Memories; Cardstock: Bazzill; Letter: Doodlebug; Trim: K&Company; Rub: Crate; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Paint: Making Memories; Other: machine stitching




Love the colors Beverley chose this week. Interestingly I've been working with this color palette for a digital kit!

"Happy Birthday" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Papers, velvet ribbon, die cuts: Making Memories (5th Avenue); Rub on words: HOTP; Ric rac: Bazzill Basics; Ink: Colorbox fluid chalk (lime pastel)



Fun card from Mandy, another of the guest designers for this week. I like the fun trim she chose and the digital sentiment.

"Laugh" card by Amanda Cruxton
Supplies: Papermill hammered cardstock base, HOTP paper, Papermania rub-on stitching, ribbon & brad, Prima flowers + sentiment is a digi download by R. Penn




Mum went bright and bold this week with her card. Love the papers by My Minds Eye (I should cos I bought them! lol)

"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



Fun, funky and fresh is how I'd describe Lynn Anne's card. Great color palette. And love the little touches of stitching!

"Wish" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Sticker by Pebbles,Inc.; Paper and cardstock by Paper Studio; adhesive by Tombo; cotton thread




Kristin took the sketch in a new direction this week, using it as inspiration then doing her own thing, which is A-OK! Again great color scheme, and I love the vellum! I bet we all have vellum in our stash somewhere!

"everyday" card by Kristin Schulz
Supplies: DCWV embossed card; Colorbox chalk inks; Scenic Route Patterned paper; Joann's vellum quote; Making Memories trim




Pearl's card is another one fresh and funky! Love the Elsie papers!!! Totally cool! the scallop edge gives it a fun feel too!

"Hi!" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : Bazzill Scalloped CS, Love, Elsie -Claire Prom Dress , ribbon , Daisy D rub-on tape transfer, K&Co Die Cut Glitter Stickers




Natalie had fun with the sketch this week! Some bright papers, stamps and a fun sentiment really add up to a great card!

"Hey You Hoo" card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Papers: Scenic Route, Pink Paislee; Stamps: Sassfrass Lass; Ink: CTMH; Other: buttons, machine stitching




I love this hybrid card by Raechelle. Nice vintage feel to it too. The monogram really pops

"R" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies: smj designs Love Shack kit; buttons: foofala; twill; ink; Ranger



Wendy dove into the sketch and used embossed papers to highlight that this is a coming of age card. The red really pops on the black and white too!

"18th" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- DCWV card and patterned paper, Cuttlebug Number Collage embossing folder, die cut numbers and letters, gold edged black satin ribbon, various paper flowers and Papermania stitching rub-ons.



"celebrate" card by Nancy Jones
Supplies: graphic 45 patterned paper; scenic route rub on; daisy d rub on stitches; doodlebug sugared brad; prima flower; bazzill cardstock



As usual hook me up in the comments if you do the sketch, as I love to come check them out! Hopefully catching up this week on comments too!

10 comments:

Jackie April 23, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

I like this template. I haven't done anything as clever as the DT but I have added mine to my blog.

Beverley Todd April 24, 2008 at 2:08 AM  

Some great cards there! 'specially love Jan's & Raechelle's - wish I'd made them! LOL

Denise April 24, 2008 at 5:39 AM  

Fantastic sketch and dt cards....I have had a go and it can be found here:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickman-april-4-challenge-sketch.html

Anonymous,  April 24, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Thank you for a great template and wonderful examples.

Susie Little April 24, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

Hi there,

Here's mine........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickmans-sketch-april-4.html

Susie xx

Anonymous,  April 25, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

WOW, what awesome cards, you ladies are all so talented. I have really enjoyed looking around your site, it makes me what to try and make some cards. lol
Have a great day.
Sue ^i^

Made by Mandy April 26, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

I too think this year is flying by, where does the time go ?

Thanks for another great template.

Love

Mandy

debby4000 April 27, 2008 at 12:38 AM  

Fab sketch
here's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/04/best-laid-plans.html

Looby April 27, 2008 at 2:27 AM  

great sketch! My take's here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickman-april-4.html

Lou x

Ingrid Brun April 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Thank you for a great cardtemplate, wonderful cards
hugs
Ingrid

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com