May Card Sketch #3

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This weeks sketch has lots of potential. You could mix it up lots of ways or keep it nice and simple.


I struggled with this one initially, but then I have so much stuff on my scrap table right now it's not surprising really! Everything here is from my stash, I think the ONLY newish thing I used were the Bazzill bling brads (which I love btw).

"Best Wishes" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock:Bazzill, DCWV; Paper: DCWV; Stamp: Fiskars; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Brads: Bazzill;



"Thank You" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, My Mind’s Eye Everyday Tango papers, Basic Grey rub-on, May Arts ribbon, HOTP blossoms and buttons.



"Happiness is.." card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: pp, rub on and die cuts: Fancy Pants Designs; buttons: Foofala; DMC floss; ink: Ranger; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels



"Happy Birthday" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies: DCWV patterned paper, white card base, peach card stock, fabric flower, two gold buttons, satin ribbon, black versafine ink and Katie & Co text stamp.



"Happy Birthday" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: We R Memory Keepers – White Out; Bazzill; Buttons; Stickles; Cat’s Eyes



"Enjoy" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Scenic Route; Cardstock: Bazzill; Transparency: Hambly; Bling: MMBI; Letters: American Crafts; Ribbon: Strano Designs, American Crafts; Buttons: craft supply; CB Circles: Technique Tuesday



"Thanks" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cs; Fancy Pants pp; Crate rub on; Prima flowers; Junkitz felt flowers



"thinking of you" card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, flower; Stampin Up pp, ink; Heidi Grace stamp, Versamark ink, Kindyglitz, Dimensional magic.



"Hi" card by Deanne Burton
Supplies: Stampin' Up cardstock, design paper, stamp, ink; Ribbon and buttons from my stash; Prima flowers; Heidi Swapp chipboard alphabet



"wow" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Pattern Paper: Pink Paislee; Foam Alphabets: American Crafts; Flowers: Heidi Swapp; Paper Bird: Prima Marketing; Button: Craft Supply



"Happy Mothers Day" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, Timber brown Staz On ink, Basic Grey patterned paper, Technique Tuesday stamps



"No Distance" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms; Cardstock: Core'dinations; Ribbon: Making Memories; Ink: Stazon; Tool: Heidi Swapp distress tool



"little one" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Notepad Paper: Making Memories, Patterned Paper – Not Sure, it was a RAK, Big pink flowers and buttons from Scrapagogo, small flowers punched from velvet paper, Lace trim from the market and Rubber Stamps from Autumn Leaves and Clear Expressions



"Birthday Girl" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Bazzill CS , KI Memories Lace CS , Bo Bunny rub on sentiment, MM Chipboard Buttons, SEI Buttons, DCWV Scalloped CS , Cuttlebug Embossing, K&Co Dimensional Sticker



"Heart go Whirrr" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers, rub ons, chipboard & die cuts: Cosmo Cricket; Red A4 cardstock from stash; Black ink; Red colouring pencil



"Hello" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Cardstock by Paper Studio; Tombo Adhesive; fabric scraps, button and letter stickers unknown



"Congratulations" card by Linda Flinders



Hook me up in the comments if you make a card with the sketch, as I love to come check them out!

hugs

Di

12 comments:

Candy May 21, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

All of them are fabulous!! One of these days I'm going to get around to doing one of these sketches. This one is awesome!!

Giovana May 21, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

All the cards are really pretty!!!!
Giovana

Anonymous,  May 21, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Hi, These cards are just wonderful! Such great ideas, Love the use of the flowers on the cards. I am hoping to try my hand at making cards this summer, when I am off from work.
Thanks again for always sharing these with us.

Sue ^i^

Susie Little May 22, 2008 at 2:24 AM  

Morning,

Here's mine.........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/05/di-hickmans-sketch-may-3.html

Susie xx

Kath Stewart May 22, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

Great sketch and fab cards by everyone - this is my first time attempting one of your sketch challenges and HERE is my card

Dawn May 22, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

Hi Di

This is my first visit to your blog and my first sketch, the cards here are fantastic - great designers!!
I used Daisy Bucket papers and also some from Paper Adventure, for the flowers I decided to use ribbons instead and finished off with small buttons.
My card is on my blog:
http://dawnscrafttime.blogspot.com

Dawn
x

Unknown May 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

Hey Di! Sorry I'm late this week but I did do the sketch and it's up on my blog!!
www.dougnat.blogspot.com

Jackie May 23, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

I managed this one quickly last night and have just added it to my blog

Looby May 23, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

great sketch Di - loved this one! Here's my card:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/05/di-hickman-may-3.html

Lou x

Anonymous,  May 24, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

Love this sketch and all the examples!! Need to make two cards next week and I think I've found my ideas!! Thanks so much for these! sandy ;^)

debby4000 May 25, 2008 at 4:30 AM  

Fabulous sketch, love the examples. Mine didn't quite work out well to the sketch but it still was the inspiration for it.
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/05/25th-may.html

Made by Mandy July 20, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

OMG I cut up Prima's !

A little late but here is my little offering.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/07/di-hickman-may-3.html

Thankyou for the continuing inspiration.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com