Theme: Congratulations!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Theme Thursday, and time for more congratulations cards. Spurned on my mission to use more stash I decided to really dig through the drawers and find things with a congratulations theme. I already used similar paper from DCWV earlier this month but dug out the different color sheets and decided that they would make good baby cards, being that they were pink, blue and miscellaneous.

Now you will notice all three cards are based on a sketch from April. I didn't plan on them all being the same, but it just came out that way. I figure if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Supplies: Cardstock, paper, sticker: DCWV; charm: Target; Ribbon: Daisy D's; Scissors: Fiskars; Pen: Sakura Stardust

I've been thinking about buying some scallop punches lately, but I figure I have scallop scissors they work, why bother? Maybe I will later down the line, but right now I'm doing fine with my scissors. I dug into my stash with these congrats charms, they were from Target in a card making set.

Supplies: Cardstock, paper: DCWV; Ribbon: Making Memories; Stamp: Boxer; Brads: one heart... one mind; Scissors: Fiskars; Pen: Sakura Stardust

Of course blue and pink are great, but if you don't know the baby's sex then you can settle on a neutral color, green and yellow work great for this. You can't really see but the little charm says "bundle" hence the "of joy".

Supplies: Cardstock, paper: DCWV; Charm: JoAnnsRibbon: Making Memories; Stamp: Boxer; Scissors: Fiskars;

More congratulations cards next week!


Di

2 comments:

Jackie May 23, 2008 at 1:57 AM  

They are lovely. I, too, am on a mission to use up older stuff and off cuts!!

Unknown May 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Love how interchangable this card is too. you could switch out the circle for so many things, baby, graduation, wedding, etc

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com