Stamping Saturday - favorite flower stamp

Saturday, May 10, 2008

When my Mom and Dad were here last year, during one of our shopping trips I picked up this little stamp set from Target. It's by Autumn Leaves and has 3 funky stemmed flowers, and a single flower. At $1.59 it was a bargain!!! Well finally started using it recently. Plus I have one card being published with it, so definitely worth buying it!

These cards were created using a "Joy of Cardmaking" sketch from Papercrafts. I am just loving Papercrafts right now, and also the photocorners from 3L. I went through a photo corner phase before in 2006! Just got a ton of 3L product in a DT box and was stoked to see photo corners. They really are a cool accent for cards!

Supplies: Papers, Rub-on & Brad: one heart... one mind; Stamp: Autumn Leaves; Ink: Clearsnap; Colored pencils; Photo corners: 3L;

I've never been the best stamper, usually I reach for rub-ons just because they are less hassle. But in an effort to push myself (and use my supplies) I did this stamping section every Saturday and I am really enjoying it! Not only am I getting better at stamping, I'm using more techniques (may even christen my H2O's one day soon!) and it's giving me more idea's for sketches! So it's a win - win all round!

Supplies: Papers, Rub-on & Brad: one heart... one mind; Stamp: Autumn Leaves; Ink: Clearsnap; Colored pencils; Photo corners: 3L;


EDIT: In reply to the comments, yes I make the envelopes myself. I very rarely buy envelopes anymore. I love the nested envelope templates as I can make any size I want.

Also I have organized my stamps this week! They are now in a ring binder, and ready and available for me to stamp! Certainly better than sorting through drawers! We won't go into the fact that I have 2 binders full eh?

More stamping every Saturday!

Di

4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 10, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Hi Di
I love the cards and was just noticing the envelopes that go with them. They are just awesome.
I just love looking at your site for all the wonderful ideas.
Keep up the good work.

Sue ^i^

Angie May 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Di, did you make those envies to go with the cards? They are adorable!

Raechelle Bellus May 11, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

wonderful cards! The matching envelopes are super!
Rae

Angie C May 12, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Gorgeous cards Di and love the envelopes too

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com