Card Sketch August #1

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This weeks card sketch is one I made to give us chance to use up scraps, and dig into supplies! I had fibres and eyelets in mind when I made this sketch. I don't know about you but I have TONS of both of these and hardly ever use them! The digital template is available free in my digital store for a limited time! Snag it while you can!


As you can see I was playing with the 3 bugs papers when I made a start on this sketch. The brown paper is by Boxer and has a leather look to it. Even though this has a flower on it I think it has a masculine feel to it. Still using up the stash - these fasteners have been in my stash a long time (as have the rub-ons), and the fibres are AGES OLD!

"Hi There" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Boxer Scrapbooks, 3 Bugs in a Rug; Metal Fasteners: K & Co; Rub-On: JoAnns; Other: Fibre




"Happy Birthday" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers: HOTP; Loopy Brads: Karen Foster; Swirl Stamp: 7gypsies; Ribbon: American Crafts; Blue Brads & Aged Manila Tag from my stash



"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



"snow" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, KI Memories papers, Basic Grey stamps, Creative Beginnings silver embossing powder, Papermania large snowman brad, Colorbox chalk ink, pink velvet ribbon and a handmade folio closure using silver elastic cord.



"Best Wishes" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : SEI Poppy 6x6 paper stack, mini coasters , Bazzill CS , DMC Jewell Effects Floss , One Heart One Mind rub on, Kaiser Craft Bling



"Bundle of Joy" card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: pp and die cuts: Fancy Pants Designs; chipboard: Melissa Frances; rubon: 3BugsInARug; ribbon; ink; machine stitching



"Happy Birthday" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: SEI; Cardstock: Bazzill, Archivers; Rub: Crate; Buttons: unknown; Waxed Thread: Dritz; Other: torn edge



"wishes come true" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies List: Cardstock (including scalloped) – Bazzill, Pearls and brads – Papermania, Velvet Heart brad – Doodlebug, Velvet paper and trim from local haberdashers, Scalloped Rub-on – Scenic Route, Sentiment stamp – Studio G, Flower Stamp – Scrapagogo



"Thank You" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Tinkering Ink Blanc Noir Digital collection; Permanent Bond Glue Runner by Adhesive Tech; TLC rub-ons; flowers unknown



"Wish List" card by Kelli Smith
supplies: american Crafts Sixth Ave. collection, Bazzill edges, Bazzill Flowers




As always link me up in the comments if you do a card with the sketch, as I love to come check them out!

Enjoy!

Di

7 comments:

StampinCathy August 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Love this sketch. All the cards are so creative and beautiful.

belle007 August 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

Thanks so much. Great cards!

Denise August 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

great sketch to get stuck into...here is mine:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/08/di-hickman-august-6-sketch-challenge.html

Anonymous,  August 7, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Great sketch! I'm sure I will use this one many times! Here is my card
http://cardcrazy.wordpress.com
Peggy

Suz :) August 7, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

You are SOOOOO appreciated!! hee,hee :) I shared your wonderful “stuff” on my blog today Drop by anytime, you are always welcome…I’m sorry I’ve been such a stranger. Suz :)

Made by Mandy August 9, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Hi Di,

Love the sketch, will have a go another time with a bigger card but here is mine in the meantime.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/08/di-hickman-sketch-august-1.html

Love the new look to the sketch !

Susie Little August 16, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

Hi There,

My Entry is here........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/08/todays-makes_16.html

Susie xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com