Review: Printing Pouch (2)

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The first part of my review of this product was printing on vellum, not something I do that often honestly but fun to be able to do now none-the-less. HOWEVER, whilst reading the information blurb on this pouch it claimed to have other great uses for crafters besides printing, one being its use in heat embossing. Naturally I gathered my embossing supplies, the pouch and let loose the creativity!


Many of my regular readers will know that I'm not much of a techniquey crafter. Yes I go through phases with stuff like stamping, sanding and inking but heat embossing is something I do very rarely. Not because I don't like the effect but because it's messy and invariably the embossing powder gets everywhere I don't want it to be and the end result isn't as "Clean" as I'd like it to be.... Until now!

I decided to stamp the greeting on 2 pieces of white cardstock, one which had the printing pouch dabbed on it, one without. Applied the black embossing powder, tapped it off and heat set it. The results were AMAZING! Let me tell you this: I will ALWAYS be using this little pouch for heat embossing!!!


Really not sure that the clarity shows up that well in the photo (click to enlarge) but the bottom one without the pouch has little flecks of black where the embossing powder goes a little awol. The top one, with the pouch, is perfect!


Supplies: Paper: Unknown, DCWV; Cardstock: DCWV; Stamp: Katie & Co; Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko); Embossing Powder: Stampendous;

Personally if I didn't already have enough reason to recommend the pouch I DEFINITELY do now! This little pouch rocks for heat embossing! Still have lots of other uses for this pouch I'll be trying out, so stay tuned!

Di

3 comments:

MelissaS August 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Can you clarify - did you stamp with versamark (or other embossing ink), THEN swipe with pouch, THEN add embossing powder? And did you wipe the pouch across the surface or dab it? I have a similar product and have never been sure of the correct procedure. Thanks for sharing - the difference is amazing :)

Spot-On August 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

Hi Melissa
I swiped with the pouch first, then stamped with versamark ink.
I dabbed the pouch to get the powder on the paper then simply wiped it across the paper using the pouch.

Di

Anonymous,  August 6, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Good to know stuff since I need to be playing with this little pouch very soon and I need all the info I can get!!! I try to NOT use black embossing powder for just that reason.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com