Card Sketch September #1

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yay! I am back, whooohooo! Bob managed to sort my technical issues out and I am back online and uploading! I tell ya you can take ANY equipment, microwave, tv whatever, but DO NOT mess with my computer and internet!!! lol! Anyway....

Here is this weeks sketch! This one is a nice and simple one, but remember you can gussy it up all you want, sketches can just be a starting point.


I've been busy with my stash again! I mentioned the other day about this DCWV card stack I'd had for over 2 years and that I was working through it, and here is more proof. I just HAVE to start using this stash before it gets outta control! Everything here is old, except the flowers which we're from a few months ago.


"with sympathy" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock, paper: DCWV; Rub-on: JoAnns; Flower: Prima; Pen: Ranger; Photo Corner: 3L;

You all know I love clean and simple design so I was wondering how the girls were going to handle this one, and as usual they rocked it. This week we have some new/old 'faces' to the team. Welcoming Liz, and Celeste! They were previous guest designers that I asked back on a permanent basis. Welcome on board ladies! We also have a couple of others that will be joining the team but I'll wait for another week to introduce them :)



"Birthday Wishes" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies List: Stamp, Ribbon and Pearls – Angel Crafts ribbon kit, Paper – Rhonna Farrer, Rub Ons – Bo Bunny, Button from a friend at a crop J Stickles



"Love" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : Bazzill CS & Just the Edge, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, ATB ribbon tape , Pink Paislee alphas



"Buzzy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



"Happy Birthday" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: All scraps from stash



"With All My Love" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Pattern Paper, Jenni Bowlin, Ribbon, Flower: Making Memories, Trim: Prima Marketing, Button: Creative CafeRubon: Scenic Route, Floss: DMC



"Together Forever" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Basic Grey, Button: vintage, Felt fram & Flower: Making Memories, sentiment: Making Memories, Paper Trim: K&Co



"Happy Holidays" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: Scenic Route Patterned Paper, Colorbok and Elsie chipboard, Doodlebug Rubons, Colorbox inks, unknown fiber



"thank you" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers, Buttons & Blossoms: Making Memories; Fluid Chalk Inks (Chestnut Roan & Olive Pastel): Colorbox; Stamp: Free with a Magazine a loooong time ago!



"Celebrate" card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: I used a page from an old exercise book (ledger paper), Sassfrass Lass punch out (Circle), Pink Prima Blossom, East of India polka dot ribbon in cream and brown, Grey Sakura Soufflé Pen, Stickles Glitter, Dovecraft Green spotty brad, Brown Roan chalk ink, by color box.



"Merry Christmas" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Unknown card, Doodlebug paper, button from Grandma’s box, gingham ribbon, Quickutz Studio skinni-mini die-cut alphabet, white Signo pen and unknown rhinestones.



"Noel" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers - Scrapworks "seasons of joy"; Ribbon - making memories; chipboard shape - creative imaginations




Remember if you do a card with the sketch then link me up in the comments as I love to come check them out!

Di

7 comments:

jo September 5, 2008 at 12:15 AM  

Glad you're sorted now Di! Way to go Bob!!!!

Debbie September 5, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

Beautiful cards!! Hope its ok just to jump in - my card is on my blog :)

http://countryheartandhome.blogspot.com/2008/09/good-bad-and-everything-else.html

Jackie September 5, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Love all the DT cards. I've just added mine to my blog
http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

Deanne Clarke September 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

Wow! Love the cards!!!

I created a card using your sketch.You can see it at:

http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2008/09/and-more-cards.html

It's called I'M HAPPY FOR YOU.

Beverley Todd September 9, 2008 at 3:25 AM  

Great cards ladies ... & welcome back Celeste & Liz!

Susie Little September 10, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Hi there,

here's mine............

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/09/about-time-i-did-some-crafting.html

Susie xx

Paula September 24, 2008 at 2:09 AM  

Yay, first time I've used a sketch AND linked it to my blog.

http://cowperthwaitecorner.blogspot.com/2008/09/anniversary-card-and-present.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com