Card Sketch October #4

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A fun sketch this week, something different is always good to get those creative juices flowing! This one is one of those love/hate sketches. You'll either find it super easy or struggle with it. I have to say that I found this one easy than last weeks! Go figure! As always the digital template will be available free in my store for a limited time! Snag it while you can.


One of the benefits of doing it all (ie: paper, digital and hybrid) is that things never get stagnant. I mentioned last week I was having a little creative rut and this card bumped me out of it. Whenever I get in a slump my first reaction is to try using sketches, and my second reaction is to something new, because sometimes I'm just bored and need a change of direction. So I set about making this weeks card and went hybrid. The kit is an old mini kit I made last year for Trevors fund raising. Even now I still love this color pallette. Anyway once I'd decided on the kit the whole card came together REALLY easy! The front panel is all printed out, and the button is real. I have to say I really love it!

"Friends Forever" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Trevors Treasures Digital Kit by Di Hickman, Button: EK Success,



"Believe" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Making Memories; Lace: carolace; Ribbon: Strano, Michaels and Old Navy; Metal Sign: Making Memories; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Star Button: Dress It Up, Other: machine stitching



"Peace" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: DCWV and Coredinations cardstock, Bazzill ruffled ribbon, Making Memories alphabet rub-ons, Fancy Pants stamp, white Brilliance ink and white Signo pen, EK Success button-up, black gel pen and rhinestones.



"Happy Flowers" card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper by K and Co, rub on by TLC, ribbon, and flower from stash.



"Hi, Happy Birthday" card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Core'dinations Vintage CS , October Afternoon Hometown pps , ATB paper tagger ands epoxy tag , AC vinyl thickers , May Arts trim, bling,



"Inspire" card by Kristin Schulz
Supplies: Tinkering Ink patterned paper, $1 spot leather strip, We R Memory Keepers rubs, Martha Stewart sticker, Colorbox ink



"Mom" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Pattern Paper, Die Cut Stickers, Button: Basic Grey; Flower: Kaiser Craft; Ink: Brilliance by Tsuneko; Rubon: Creative Cafe; Machine Stitching



"Thinking of You" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers – SEI Penelope’s Potpourri; Felt Fusion – Queen & Co; Rub on – Pebbles inc; Button & Ribbon – from stash



"You're the best" card by Liz Davidson
supply list - Junkitz shabby chic blue flowers paper, brown paper mill paper. wooden flower from hobby craft. Blue and brown spotty ribbon hobbycraft, beige spotty ribbon from east of india company. Sticker - from QVC.



"Happy Anniversary" card by Linda Flinders



"Boo" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Inked and Cuttlebugged Cardstock from PaperMill, American Crafts Thickers, patterned Paper – Making Memories Spellbound, Button from stash, Zig pen



"Happy Halloween" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies- pp: K&Co. and Fancy Pants Designs; ribbon; epoxy button: Making Memories; stamp: Inkadoo



"Boo" card by Kelli Smith
supply list: Rusty Pickle halloween paper, American Traditions embellishments



"Tropical Congrats" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cs; Teresa Collins pattern paper; Prima flowers; Boxer Scrapbook brads; Kaiser Craft rub on



As always link me up in the comments if you make a card with the sketch as I love to come check them out!

Di

10 comments:

Beverley Todd October 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Ooops! I guess I forgot to e-mail mine in! Posted it on my blog tho: http://craftymoments.blogspot.com/
2008/10/dis-oct-4-sketch.html

Great cards from the rest of the DT ... love to see 'em all each week.

Anonymous,  October 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Better late than never, I hope! My first try using the digi template!

http://forum.scrapfriends.us/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=7&showentry=965

Lyzzydee October 23, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

Another great bunch of cards!!!

Denise October 23, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

As always a great sketch to work and fantastic dt card for inspiration,,,,here is my entry:-


http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/10/di-hickman-sketch-challenge.html

Jessica October 25, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

I LOVE this sketch, and found it perfect for a recipe page layout on which I had planned to use a certain new stamp set!!! My finished project can be seen on my blog at: http://passion4papercrafts.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Di!!

Jessica in Kansas

Anonymous,  October 25, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

Your card templates are fabulous and help inspire me to get things created. Thank you so much for sharing!

SueH October 27, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

As always there’s some wonderful examples from the design team.

Thanks for a great template, you can see my effort on my Blog

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com