Card Sketch December #1

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Holiday Season! This month I thought I'd bring a little festive flair to the blog with some holiday-ish cards. Of course they can be used for non-holiday cards too! So lots of inspiration this week from the sketch girls this week both seasonal and non-seasonal cards :) This month also sees Louise Brigden on board as the Guest Designer this month, and she ROCKED this weeks sketch!


For the first time in a while, I did all the sketches, THEN made all the cards for December! I made all mine Seasonal so I could use them for family and friends this year :) Remember if you like a card design it's ok to make multiples of the same design! I do it all the time! Plus no-one will ever know if you send them to different family members/friends!

"Seasons Greetings" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock & PP: DCWV; Rub-on: one heart... one mind; misc: snowflake sequins, beds, gold thread;



"Holly Jolly" card by Linda Flinders



"It's a girl" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Cardstock – Bazzill; Papers & alpha stickers – Doodlebug; Charms & ribbon from stash



"Holiday" card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: Paper from Papermill and Crafters companion; Stars from Dovecraft; Scalloped edges made with cuttlebug embossing folder; sentiment sticker from a pack from QVC.



"Birthday Wishes" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: GCD Studios papers, prima flowers, misc fibers, & rhinestones



"Merry Xmas" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Patterned papers: Bo Bunny; Card blank: HOTP; White cardstock, circle stamps, pixie pink ink pad: SU!; Buttons: Making Memories; Letter template: Deja Views; Embroidery floss, jewelery bells, ribbon all from stash.



This month we have an extra member on the team! Louise Brigden joins in the card fun with her beautiful card creations! Louise turned the sketch upside down, and I think it works just as well this way too! More cards coming from Louise throughout December so stay tuned!

"You're Invited" card by Louise Brigden
Supplies: Scraps. The balloons were cut on my Silhouette digital craft cuter and colour with Prisma markers and the embossing was done in my CB D’vine Swirls embossing folder



"Holiday Cheer" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Stamps by Tinkering Ink, Cardstock by Stampin’ Up!, Copic Ciao Markers, acrylic paint, Making Memories glitter, Adhesive Tech Permanent Glue Runner,



"Merry Christmas" card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Dream Street pp , CI epoxy sticker, Autumn Leaves brads , Bazzill Christmas ribbon



"Happy Holidays" card by Kelli Smith
supplies: inkadinkado happy holidays stamp, Funky Fibers (christmas), Martha STewart evergreen brunch punch, Bo Bunny believe paper, Kaiser Craft Gems,



"Deck the Halls" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Cosmo Cricket; Buttons: Favorite Findings; Tag: Making Memories; Floss: DMC; Other: machine stitching



"Joy Joy Joy" card by Celeste Brodnik
Pattern Paper: Scenic Route, Stars: Making Memories, Rubon: Creative Cafe, Floss: DMC, Ink: Color Box



"Holiday Season" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Patterned Paper – Crafters Companion, Stamp – Inkadinkado, Stars cut from Sizzlet die on Bazzill cardstock




Happy Cardmaking!

Di

9 comments:

Anice December 3, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

Wonderful cards from the DT as usual. Thanks for the inspiration to get started on my Christmas cards..oh dear I have left everything to the last minute this year!
Anice xx

Louly December 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Oh wow Di they're all fabulous, You have such a great team and I'm so proud to be one of them for December. Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome.

[Stacia] December 3, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

I love Wednesdays-really just because it's sketch day though! I LOVE love love the sketch this week! Thanks!

Nick December 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

what a gorgeous template-and great cards , I will definitely be making loads with this one!!!
Thanks Di

Tina J December 3, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

I just wanted to let you know that I did a blog entry about your card template today. You can see it here: http://janellefam.blogspot.com/2008/12/di-hickman-rocks.html

Thank you so much for these awesome templates!

Anonymous,  December 3, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 03 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 04 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Anonymous,  December 6, 2008 at 6:15 AM  

Gorgeous cards from the DT! And another great sketch Di, I've used it here.

Liz xxx

Claire Mackaness December 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

This one threw me at first, but I got my Mojo eventually Heres mine

Made by Mandy December 9, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

LOVE, Love, love this sketch, knew what I was going to do with it straight away :)

Mandy's Card

Thanks Di for all your hard work over the last 3 years. I discovered my love of sketches from your blog and thank you for the inspiration you have given me over the years xxx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com