2 year layout sketch anniversary - January sketch

Thursday, January 15, 2009

This month marks TWO YEARS of doing layout sketches on the blog! As such something a little different that I haven't done in those two years... a double page card sketch. I started doing these a few months ago as digi templates and I love them. When I started scrapbooking I did a LOT of double pagers and I still them occasionally now. There is something about double pagers though that I like designing. Maybe it's the fact that there are more options, more variety? So here is the sketch for January 2009!

The digital template is available for sale in my digital stores.



One thing I like about double pagers is LOTS OF PHOTO'S. Perfect for documenting events. These photo's are from my birthday in December 2008, remember I said we went snowboarding, well I scrapped those pics! Go me! Anyone who knows me, knows that usually new pics sit on the hardrive for at least 6 months before they get scrapbooked, but I'm trying to actually scrapbook more. Oh and for those wondering no my coat doesn't match the kit perfectly, I altered it in photoshop :) I'd like one this color (or a bit lighter) to match my snowboard, but till my current one wears out, or I see a the perfect one on sale, I'm stuck with red. I chose to use the 8.5x11 version of the template.

"Snowboarding" digital layout by Di Hickman
credits: Double template #5 & January Freeze by Di Hickman



"Papa's Snow Hill" digital layout by Renee' Morris-Dezember
Credits: Elements Used: Everything by PamelaDonnisDesigns and "Going Dotty" Alpha by Vicky Parker



"xmas carols" digital layout by Brigitte v.Tienhoven
Credits: Kit Constanze by Lauraskathi



"Let it shine" digital layout by Dawn Inskip
Supply List: All kits by Dawn Inskip, Tinsel Town Alpha, Expressions Love, Passion, Spirit, My Gift



"Sledding Fun" layout by Jackie Price
Materials used: Fancy Pants – Arctic Chill; KI Snowflake Lace; Misc buttons; Chipboard letters



"Walk this way" layout by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Pattern Paper: Reminisce, Pebbles Inc.; Stickers: Reminisce; Glitter Snowflake Die Cuts: Me & My Big Ideas; Letter Stickers: American Crafts




Di

5 comments:

IkeaGoddess January 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Congrats on the blogaversary. Thank you for providing us with beautiful templates.

Renee' Morris-Dezember January 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Have BLOGaversary!!! :)
OMG I just LOVED doing this double pager!!! Who would of thought...I guess I need to try more. Thanks for letting me work with your amazing template!

Anonymous,  January 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Looks like you had a fun birthday. I won't try snowboarding...

Thanks for the template! I look forward to using it.

Anonymous,  January 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Those are some really cool layouts! Thank you for sharing and for the beautiful templates!

Jewel January 16, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

thank you so much! I love double page templates - what a treat!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com