Card Sketch January #4

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New card sketch this week! This week sees something a little different and some of the girls struggled (as did I) and some made this sketch seem like the most natural thing ever! That's the thing with sketches, some you love, some make you tear your hair out! lol!

Remember the digital template is available in my store for a limited time, grab it while you can!


I tried to like this sketch I really did. When I drew it out, then made the template in photoshop it seemed to flow, different but it flowed. Well after pushing paper and embellishments about for about 45 minutes and failing miserably to actually MAKE anything I figured shake it off and try digital. So I did, and this one came together in about 5 minutes! Go figure! I used my kit for Febrary "sweet embrace" which is a subsriber exclusive kit at Scrapwow, so this is your first sneak peek here!

"Sweetheart" card by Di Hickman
Credits: "sweet embrace" kit by Di Hickman (scrapwow subscriber kit for February); font: Bickham Script pro; Brads: Unknown; Ribbon: Prima;



"Light my fire" card by Jan Tatomir
Cardstock: Stampin' Up; Letters: Sticker King; Rubs: Doodlebug; Glitter Heart: Darice; Heart Brads: Making Memories; Matchbook: D.D. Bean & Son



"xoxo" card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Core'dinations cardstock, Fancy Pants Splendid pps, Making Memories Shimmer Stickers, Stickles ,Heidi Swapp ribbon , Glossy Accents.



"Thank You" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers – Making Memories Garden Party; Flowers – prima; Rub on sentiment – Pebbles inc; Ribbon & pearls from stash



"So this is love" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; My Mind's Eye pattern paper; Cosmo Cricket pattern paper; Bella blvd. sticker; Heidi Swapp chipboard and ghost heart



"Happy Birthday" card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper by Basic Grey, Stamps by Magnolia and Inkadinkado, flowers by Prima. Brads, eyelets, beaded trim and ribbon from stash.



"Welcome Baby" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies- cs: Bazzill; pp: Sasafrass lass; buttons: Fancy Pants Designs and Basic Grey; rub ons: Doodlebug; ribbon; ink; Martha Stewart snowflake punch; DMC Floss



"Thanks a million" card by Linda Flinders



"Celebrate" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, HOTP paper, Miss Elizabeth’s chipboard, various ribbons, Creative Cafe sentiment rub-on, Marvy pen.



"Together Forever" card by Kristin Schulz
Materials used: Basic Grey Stella Ruby Patterned Paper, Making Memories Epoky flowers, Kaiser pearl, Daisy D's rubs, vellum, Colorbox and StazOn inks




Have fun with the sketch! Di

6 comments:

Denise January 29, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Great sketch Di, I am so pleased I managed this one and will try my best to compete every week....here is the link to my card:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2009/01/di-hickman-sketch-challenge.html

Debbie January 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

I love your sketch. I am going to make a few using this one, thank you so much for inspiring me and getting me motivated today!
thank you
Debbie

Anonymous,  January 31, 2009 at 2:26 AM  

thanks a GREAT sketch

MY CARD

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Not the easiest challenge sketch there Di!!! Anyhoo, I managed it (I think!) Another scrapbox scrap card.

You can find it HERE

Made by Mandy February 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Love this sketch !! Can see me using this quite a bit.

Mandy's Card

Jackie February 2, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

Great sketch for using off cuts, thanks Di.
Here’s mine!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com