Monday Musings

Monday, February 9, 2009

Well first up today is the Friday Freebie winner of the stamp set :)
Bleubeard and Elizabeth I am so glad I stopped by your blog today. I don't stamp very often, so these lovely stamps might just get my creative juices pointed in that direction.
email me and I will pop those in the mail to you!



Well it's been raining here since Thursday. Yesterday was relatively dry day but the ground is SOAKED! Seriously soaked. I need to go and buy some wellies to do any gardening this week I'll tell ya! What to do when it's too wet outside? Stay inside and do crafty things of course! The big news is I started knitting again!!! I haven't knitted for many many years, ok since school I think, so the refreshed course was needed via a google search but once I'd spent a quick 10 mins relearning it came flooding back to me. I'm about half way through my first project and will definitely share details/pics once I've finished it :)
It's difficult to find the time to do everything you want to do sometimes but for crafty things (and gardening) I make time. We don't have cable so I guess we have more freetime than most average people. Today I want to spend and hour rearranging my scraproom a little to fit in a small desk/table for my sewing machine. I tend not to use things unless they are set up, and readily available so this will hopefully prompt me back into action for sewing too! What other crafty hobbies do you all do?

Of course I did get chance this weekend to play with some paper that's been sitting on my scrap table for about 2 months (Since my last clear out). It's an old paper from Colorbok. I love the color blocking, so I just cut to size, stamped and embellished. Color blocked papers make layouts and cards a breeze!

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Stamp: Studio G; Flower: Queen & Co; Button: Misc

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Stamp: Kim Hughes - CHF; Flower: Queen & Co; Button: Misc

Saturday is my day at the Boxer blog and I made this card for the blog. It's for a close friend that has Lupus. The butterfly is the symbol for lupus so it's apt for her :) Another project that totally didn't start out this way (I started with small seed packet stamping) but ended up as a card.

Supplies: Paper &stamps: Boxer Scrapbooks; Cardstock: Worldwin;

Boxer has some new products coming out that I am looking forward to playing with :) Turquoise polka dot paper and a beautiful black and white floral! You know I'm a sucker for black and white!!! So much happening lately I feel like I got caught up in a whirlwind.

Ok I'm off to grab a drink, then make a start on a layout, move some furniture around in here, then later I hope to plant some seeds for the summer! Tomato season here we come!

Di

1 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth February 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Hi Di,

Today I received the lovely stamp set and already I'm thinking of ways I can use it. Thank you so much for choosing me and thanks for all your wonderful inspiration.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com