Tutorial: step by step sweetie box

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One of the products that was in my grab bag last month was this Gift Box #2, and I thought I'd share my 'step by step' on making the sample box included in the download :) You can use the template with any digital papers, but the product also comes with the flattened png/jpg shown on the preview. These templates are great for hybrid projects!


The flattened jpg included looks like this, simply print out, cut along the edge and fold along the score lines. I printed mine on matt photo paper but white cardstock works well too for a faded vintage look.


After scoring and folding the flaps the first point of business is making the box hold together at the side, so apply adhesive to flap and seal shut. Turn the box upside down and it should look like this:


Fold the bottom flap in, then the sides. You can add adhesive here if you like but the box does hold itself together with light items in it. If you are using heavier items I suggest adhesive!


Final step for the bottom is folding the top flap down and tucking it inside the slot. Again add adhesive if you want a strong box!


For the top opening flaps of the box, I simply punched out a small 1/8th hole on each side, and set an eyelet in the hole. Add your contents, then thread ribbon through and tie in a bow :)


I just love this little box! So cute and perfect for Valentines day sweeties! The finished box measures 3x3x2" but could be resized in photoshop.

Supplies: Box template #1, Sweet embrace kit: Di Hickman

Remember my digital products are available at my stores: Di Hickman Designs, a cherry on top and scrapwow. Also this template is on sale for just $1 right now!

Happy Crafting!

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com