Card Sketch April #3

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Continuing my theme of using my published cards as a starting point for sketches here is one from 2008, published in a stamping magazine. The design is very basic but could be fussed up with stamping, embossing etc. That is the great thing about sketches, they can be used as is, or as a starting point for more elaborate projects!
Don't forget the digital template is available in my store for a limited time, snag it while you can!


I figured I'd share the published card the sketch was based on. This one uses cardstock and stamps, taking full advantage of not using patterned paper, but making my own with stamps :) Love the stamp sets by Fiskars great mix of backgrounders and sentiment stamps in their packages!

"Get well soon" card by Di Hickman Supplies: Stamp: Fiskars; Papers, cardstock, button: one heart... one mind; Flower: unknown;



"Hey Gorgeous" card by Pearl Liu Supplies: WRMK Tiffany 6x6 paper pad, Core'dinations White Washed CS , Prima Floral , Stickles



"Hello" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: All Supplies ~ Doodlebug



"Happy Spotty Birthday" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Patterned Paper – Bo Bunny, Flower – Prima, Brad – Papermania, Stamp – Inque Boutique, Pen – Zig Marker (fine)



"That's Life" card by Lizzy Davidson
Supplies: Blossom, unknown, background paper from a pad I bought in Holland, pink gingham paper by crafters companion (from a printable disk)



"Happy Easter" card by Linda Flinders



"Thinking of You" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Dream Street papers; Prima flower; Crate rub on; Boxer Scrapbook buttons



"Thanks for thinking of me" hybrid card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies: digi kit from Shabby Miss Jenn designs; stamp and ink: Inkadoo



"Quail family" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, My Mind’s Eye paper, Unity stamp, Colorbox chalk inks, Prismacolor pencil, Fancy Pants lace, Prima flowers, buttons and hemp thread.



"Happy Day" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Pattern Paper: Fancy Pants; Rubon: Scenic Route; Brads: KI Memories; Edge Distresser: Heidi Swapp; Ink: Clearsnap



"bloom" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Cardstock: Bazzill; Flowers: Making Memories, JoAnns; Letters: Making Memories; Ribbon & Ribbon Stiff: Strano Designs; Punch: Fiskars; Button: stash



"Hello Friend" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: all scraps



Remember I love to come check out YOUR cards, so link me up in the comments if you use the sketch!

Di

2 comments:

Jackie April 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Thanks for another great sketch Di. Love the inspiration from the DT. Here’s my entry
TFL

Made by Mandy April 20, 2009 at 5:23 AM  

Not been able to do much crafting for a few weeks :(

I have made a gift card using this sketch. Really love how simple it is and great for showcasing some of the gorgeous papers about (that I can't bear to cut into!!)

Mandy's Card

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com