Card Sketch April #4

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just letting you know the newsletter will be late going out this week. I picked up a horrid stomach bug (thanks Bob!) and am sleeping a lot. Meanwhile enjoy this weeks card sketch!



I have to say I found this weeks sketch a little on the tricky side. Not sure if I just wasn't feeling creative or whether it was the heat. It's been in the 90's here this weekend, which has been a bit of a shock to the system. It almost got to 100 yesterday!!! It's April for heavens sakes!!! Anyway I eventually cobbled together something I was semi-happy with.

"Smile" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock & PP: DCWV; Ric Rac: Boxer Scrapbooks; Flowers: Queen & Co; Brads: Boxer Scrapbooks: Pen: Sakura; Rub-on: EK Success;



"Cheers" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Core'dination vintage cardstock, Lily Bee French Couture pp , Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Cat Crazy , Cuttlebug Embossing folder - Houndstooth , Prima flowers



"Sleep tight" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; The Paper Company paper; Daisy Bucket paper; Pink Paislee chipboard; Boxer Scrapbook brads; Ranger stickles



"Just for you.." card by Linda Flinders



"Happy Birthday" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: DCWV, K&Company, Crate; Chipboard: DCWV; Rub: Crate; Fence: Papier Valise; Buttons: American Crafts, Dress It Up; Punch: EK Success



"Stop to smell the flowers" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Pattern Paper: Fancy Pants; Ribbon: MOD; Felt Flower: Heidi Swapp; Brad: Doodlebug Designs; Crochet Flower; Pen: Signo Unibal



"Hi how r u?" card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: cs: Bazzill; pp and stickers: Basic Grey; stickers: Rose Moka; American Crafts Thickers; ribbon: Offray



"Bouquets of thanks" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers, rub ons, ribbon ~ Crate Paper Kaitlin; Sentiment rub on ~ K&Co; Flower ~ imaginisce; Adhesive pearls ~ Papermania



"Hello" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Patterned Paper – My Mind’s Eye, Stabilo Pen, Brad – Papermania, Stamps – Studio G, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and Nestabilities die, Giant Ric-Rac from stash, Gel dots – Papermania



"Love" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: Made with Scraps from Jackie's stash!



"Flowers for a friend" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, Hampton Arts stamp, Prismacolour pencils, Making Memories paper, Marvy pen and rbbon and pins from stash.




Remember I love to come check out your cards so link me up in the comments if you make a card using the sketch!

Di

6 comments:

jo April 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Hope you feel better soon Di xx

Anonymous,  April 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 22 Apr [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 23 Apr [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Made by Mandy April 23, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

Hope you feel better soon Di. Can't be nice being so hot when you feel so yukky.

((( Big Hugs )))

Unknown April 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

I'm late with last week's sketch Di, but you can find it and this week's sketch on my blog:

Freycob's blog

Jo Hooper April 24, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Thanks for the weekly inspiration. I love following your blog.

http://johooperdownunder.blogspot.com/search/label/Di%20Hickman

My link to my attempt LOL

Jo

Made by Mandy April 27, 2009 at 3:41 AM  

I made a fishy card with this sketch, love the layout of this one.

Mandy's CardHope River is much better now and congrats on reaching your 101 weight goal xxx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com