Spring for friends

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feeling better today! That was a horrible 24 hours let me tell ya! Though I spent most of it asleep so best way really. One thing I hate is not being able to eat properly! Love my food, so that was a test of a day for me. This morning was back to regular breakfast with juice etc, and I feel ok, so YAY!

I'm having a blast using old product lately. I mentioned on the blog last week that I am gonna use up my stash and just HAVE FUN creating with it. This is totally in line with the book I am currently reading "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. Setting aside time to just play with our projects. All to often we get caught up with deadlines etc so I am taking time each week to create with No DT projects, no submitting, no creating for a call. Just create for the sake of playing!

Supplies: Papers & Cardstock: DCWV; Flower: Prima; Brad: HOTP; Rub-on: Karen Foster;

I think this is one of the reasons it's easy to get burnt out on DT's. It's easy to get in the mentality of just creating for DT work or for magazine calls, and I've been guilty of that in the past. That's why I like my personal manufacturer challenge and using my stash. It forces me to create with product I have here on hand, and without a real goal in mind.


1 comments:

Unknown April 24, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

Glad you are feeling better from the bug, I've had something myself and just starting to get over it, still feel a little week and afraid to touch any kind of food right now. :) This is a LOVELY card you have created.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com