scrapbooking alternatives to brads

Friday, April 24, 2009

This month I have two articles up at Scrapbooking.com, I already shared my first article projects but here is my second article: The frugal alternative to brads. For a while now I've been using thumbtacks as an alternative to brads. Cheap, green and effective! Sure sometimes a mini brad works, or a button, but sometimes you just want something inbetween, that that's where thumbtacks come in!


You can find my full article at the scrapbooking.com website, along with a step by step guide to recoloring your thumbtacks!

Di

2 comments:

Made by Mandy April 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

What a blooming good idea, I would never have thought of that in a million years.

Thanks for the tip, I will be looking at those pins in a whole new light now.

Craftingdiva May 25, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

Thanks Di, you are the only other that has owned up to using thumb tacks, I cut the prong off and glue it on, also dip onto stamp pad and emboss( not tried this on the plastic covered ones though).
love your blog, I have been following for a long time now and I love your to do list, I do have a daily list but never get it done, oh well. leaving loads of love and my regards XsueX

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com