Project 101 in 1001 - update

Friday, April 17, 2009

Project 101 in 1001 is going well so far! I already completed #5 and #6 on the list and I printed off my self portrait for March! Whoot! Hopefully by staying on track with the updates on the blog I'll keep printing and creating layouts for the album! This is the page I made for the goals achieved in March which was running 3 miles. Still working on the 4 mile page so I'll share that next time!


Supplies: Soon to be released digital kit by Di Hickman :)

Of course the self portrait part HAD to be commemorating the first goal achieved, so it's me after a sweaty run! I've saved the PSD with the frame, size and text layers so that I can just reuse it a a template and print it off easily each month. Adding the date and a little info gives me more to work with in the album. I'll be sharing the album next month as it's published in the current issue of Ready Set Create :)


Since I've done item #6 - run 4 miles, I need to get cracking on the page. I think this one will be a journaling heavy page instead of a photo page. Post run photo's are NOT good for the self image at all!

As for the other items, well I am doing fine with reading books (#45), I have LOTS in my reading list to loan from the library. I also found "The artists way" series of books available at the library so I'll be getting that soon (#18), and they also have Learn Spanish books (#33) and CD's so I added those to my list. The list is HUGE now! lol! This week I have been trying to do #4 - eat at least 1 thing I grew everyday for a week (besides oranges). I already eat an orange a day from the garden when possible (lots of those right now) but I want to USE the produce I am growing so this is an ongoing goal that I want to make a habit. I harvested almost 2lbs of peas on Monday, plus I have beets, turnips, greens and more peas ready to harvest, so this should be easy for this week!

Wish me luck! And if you have suggestions for items 88-100 let me know!

3 comments:

Lyzzydee April 17, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

I take my hat off to you running that far!!!!

Tanya/TiggerRD,  April 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Suggestion: Attend a SnB locally and get to know some other knitters/crocheters.

Spot-On April 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Hey Tanya, good suggestion! Unfortunately knitting has taken a back seat lately after the one project, Just got busy with work and gardening etc. Plus Friday morning is my long run day. BUT I'll be changing the time of my runs soon due to the weather so might be able to tag along for the last 30 mins or something.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com