Manufacturer Monday - HOTP

Monday, May 4, 2009

I got a request from Fab to use some Hot off the Press card packs for the manufacturer challenge, and well I had to say that I don't own any. I tend not to buy the pre-made card packs as I prefer to mix and match my products from my stash. However I met his challenge part way and decided to use HOTP this month for my manufacturer challenge. HOTP were one of the very first manufacturers whose papers I bought, they are pretty much available everywhere under the HOTP name or paper pizzaz. They offer a very wide range of products, from patterned papers, die cuts, stamps, and embellishments. Quite frankly if anyone didn't have HOTP in their stash it'd surprise me!

My first port of call for any manufacturer challenge is patterned paper. HOTP does some great paper stacks, my favorite was their citrus line, such bright fun colors, perfect for cards. I've used an old sketch for these cards and used the patterned paper swirl for interest. I was really amazed at how well the Maya Road ribbon and the epoxy button went with these papers, almost like they were made to match!

Supplies: Papers: HOTP; Ribbon: Maya Road; Button: MM; Stamp: Kim Hughes

I've mentioned recently that I am desperately trying to use up my stash and one of those things is embellishments. I seem to be drowning in flowers, buttons and ribbon especially so I'm picking things out my stash to work with papers for cards and sometimes working the cards around a particular embellishment. This flower was from Target a LONG time ago and I hadn't gotten around to using it, so I was super happy that it coordinated well with these patterned papers from HOTP!

Supplies: Papers: HOTP; Ribbon: Maya Road; Stamp: Kim Hughes; Flower: Target

More HOTP projects coming throughout the month, but they are the spotlight focus for Manufacturer Mondays post throughout May!

Di

1 comments:

Fab May 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Thank you Di for your Monday Manufacturer challenge, a bit slow on the uptake will mention your posts on Paperwishes forum ! Gorgeous cards, lov'em ! I'm off to celebrate, Pimm's anyone ? LOL X Fab

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com