Card a day - day 14 & 15

Monday, June 15, 2009


Welcome back to "make a card a day" in June! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, Saturday was "one of those days". Bob had to work as they have a big deadline due today and so I went into work with him and did some studying as my AFAA home study course arrived! Yay! I managed to sneak in a card late at night, not totally 100% happy with it but it's done...

Supplies: Cardstock & Paper: DCWV; Ribbon & Tag: Misc; Stamp: Boxer; Flowers: Prima; Brads: JoAnns
Sunday we went out for lunch and I wore my new thrift store skirt! Fits pretty well, unlike most of my clothes right now which are hanging off me. Seriously losing 20lbs creates havoc with your wardrobe! Then I got to work with the sketch I chose for Sunday which was this one.


I did use a little creative license and changed things up a little though! Thought this would be great for fathers day, and the three panels suit the "Dad" sentiment well. Good job I got these done as mine have to be mailed off to 'Ol Blighty. Oh and my father in law is doing well, recovering well and has been moved to a regular ward now from Intensive care :) No doubt he can cause some trouble there!

Supplies: Papers: Imagination Project; Cardstock: DCWV; Foam Letters: Miss Elizabeths;

I do find making masculine cards tough, so I tend to leave them pretty plain. The papers on these cards helps to add some interest though. But really what can you add to mens cards without it looking girly?
Supplies: Papers: Imagination Project; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-on: Doodlebug;

I got to use up some of my stash supplies so I was happy. The paper alone has been in my stash some years! I mean IP aren't even manufacturing anymore but I do LOVE their papers!

Today I'll be using this sketch, which is a square card for today :) Remember feel free to join in!


Ok I'm gonna go play with this sketch, see you tomorrow!

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com