My Very Own Sackboy/Girl

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back in early February I mentioned I'd started knitting again, and that my project of choice was a Sackboy from the game "Little Big Planet"... Well I realized I never updated the blog with a pic of the finished project so I thought I'd share that today :) Now remember I haven't knitted since, oh... um... since I was about 14!!!! That's far too many years ago! So it was pretty much a beginner taking on WAY more than she could handle, first time attempting a pattern and I think it turned out OK all things considered:


There are a few things I'd do differently next time though. I'd choose a darker brown yarn for the body so that the decorative stitching could be lighter like it's meant to be. Oh and I'd also flatten the top of the head by placing some card inside or something. No matter how I push and alter the stuffing it still poofs up at the top. Sackboys have flat heads so it looks a bit off to me, however overall as my first project in *cough*13*cough* years I think I did ok?

Let me know what you think!

Di

5 comments:

Wendy July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

What a cute guy, great job!

Made by Mandy July 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Wow, it's turned out really well.

You need to make it some outfits now !! LOL

Anonymous,  July 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

OMG, Di, you did an AMAZING job!!! your sackboy is a cutie! And he looks flawless, i like!!!

Carol July 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

OMG, Di, you did an AMAZING job!!! your sackboy is a cutie! And he looks flawless, i like!!! (clicked on anonymous by mistake, sorry)

[Stacia] July 10, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

I love it! I'm pregnant with another little boy and am now seriously considering taking up knitting just to make him one of these cute little guys! Great job!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com