Wardrobe Refashion sign ups!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sign ups are now open for the Wardrobe Refashion website! I've been a member of this site a while albeit in a lurker/seldom posting capacity. Totally LOVE the concept. I signed up again, this time for life (yikes).


Basically the premise behind WR is that you refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items with your own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of your contract. The idea is to stop buying new clothing and get back to making our own, or reusing/recycling from thrift stores etc. Each of the refashioners has their own 'rules'. Exempt from my life status with WR are underwear and sportswear. This includes swimsuits, sports shorts, sports tops and Tees etc made specifically for sports (remember I am heading back into a fitness career here!). Basically I'm all about WR for the fashion side of things.

I've always loved shopping at jumble sales, thrift stores etc and have recently been back to buying at thrift stores and loving it. My love for clothes has returned, and my passion for shopping. Thrift shopping has been especially great for the last few months as my body shape has changed and clothes have gone baggy and ill fitting, it means I've been able to snag some interim clothes cheap without worrying about outgrowing them (ok not really outgrowing but you know what I mean. What's the equivalent of outgrowing? ingrowing? undergrowing?).

If you like shopping however there is the "get out of jail free" card. Basically this entitles you to one "new" splurge every two months.


So just incase you are of the sewing natured, thrifty, green or just want a challenge I figured I'd let you know that sign ups are now on! Go sign up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com