Card Sketch Oct #3

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This weeks card sketch is loosely based on an old previously published card design of mine. I like taking bits and pieces of cards and mushing them together :) This can be nice and simple design or fussied up. The stitching around the edge really adds a nice touch I think? Remember although I used buttons as an embellishments, the elements on the sketch are a suggestion, go wild!


This weeks card came together pretty easy for me. I am trying to use up my stash and as I had a partial piece of the floral peach paper I just searched for a matching design in the same paper stack. The swirly bird paper had a sentiment already printed on the paper so it seemed silly to add another :) Love it when I have to do less work ;)

"Love" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Paper: DCWV "Whimsy" stack; Ric Rac: Boxer Scrapbooks; Rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Shell: Craft store



"Happy Christmas" card by Linda Flinders



"Happy Birthday" card by Lizzy Davidson
Supplies: Scalloped card, craft creations. checked paper printed from a crafters companion creative disk.the sentiment and brown dots craft creations, paper lace from papermill.the hearts are paper cellar



"Merry Christmas" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers ~ Cosmo Cricket; Rub on sentiment ~ Imaginisce; Ribbon ~ from stash; Gems ~ A muse



"Thank You" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Kraft card, Jenni Bowlin papers, Craftwork adhesive lace, Amy Butler stamp, black Versafine ink, Prima flowers, Papermania vinyl stickers, HOTP brad, Crafty Notions Rainbow Drops and black Sakura pen.



"Merry Christmas" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: K & Co paper; Bo Bunny rub on; Boxer Scrapbook buttons



"Congrats" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Patterned Paper - Scribble Scrabble, Rub-ons - October Afternoon, Trim - John Lewis Haberdashery, Brads - Making Memories, Pearls - Papermania, Chipboard Heart - Heidi Swapp



"Fall Harvest" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Basic Grey Mellow 6x6 pad, Such Sweet Tierney buttons , Fiskars Apron Lace border punch




Di

3 comments:

Unknown October 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Great sketch Di. Mine is up on my blog Freycob's blog

Hugs
xxx

isaksmom October 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

The card in the store is #2, I love your cards and am hoping the card template will be put up. Thanks

Susie Little October 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Great Sketch Di.
Here is my CARD!

Susie xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com