Still have the lurgy

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So I am loathe to say I feel a bit better today, that's because last time I said that I went to walk the dogs with Bob and felt like my chest was gonna explode off my body. This is the first time I've been sick since my last flu which was almost 2 years ago, I think I forgot how crappy it makes you feel. Anyway I thought I would share my two best friends over the past 3+ days, first the lovely NyQuil (and DayQuil). This is my first line of defense against any cold/flu bug. Helps me sleep and really calms a sore scratchy throat.
And secondly the ever so awesome Puffs moisturizing lotion tissues, so soft on the nose that you don't get the dreaded red scratchy nose from all the blowing and sneezing. Totally recommend these if you get a cold/flu/allergies.
If I had to add a third it would be fluids! Especially hot tea... and soup. We've gotten through a few tea bags over the past weekend for sure!

As an aside one of the weirdest symptoms of the flu I have ever had this time is the roof of my mouth going numb. Bob thinks maybe just from inflamed sinuses but it's very strange. The feeling is gradually coming back now though! Totally freaked me out though! lol. Sitting here on the computer for the first time since last week (yikes) and trying to do some chores today. Slow and steady with lots of breaks for naps I think!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Wow, hope you feel back to your old self soon.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com