Thrity Thursday

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Well I've had a couple of Thrifting trips recently that I haven't blogged about, and I'm sure I'm missing some items of clothing in this update but what the heck! Lately I've been trying to get out of my usual t-shirt phase and get some other tops to wear. Well I certainly did that with these tops! The first one was one that was hung on the front of the rack at the thrift store, and initially I walked past it thinking it was a bit 'loud'. The pattern itself isn't bad it's the fact that it has rhinestones on it. But I figured no, try it on, push yourself outside your box! I actually like the fit, but it's a litte on the revealing side as I can't wear a bra with it due to the style. It only cost a dollar though ;)

*Ignore the jeans, I couldn't be bothered to put a belt on and these Jeans are a size or two too big*


I have been looking out for halter style tops since I bought a brown one I loved a few months ago. This one I think it pretty springy but will also be good for summer. Really not sure about the softer color pallette, but again for a dollar I wasn't going to pass it up. I really like the length on this top too, and it's very comfortable!


The next one I nearly didn't buy. It's a barely there top by Forever21 and cost me $2. I like it but man there isn't much to it! Again it's braless, no other option with the totally open back! I do need another person to tie me up in it though as I can't seem to line the straps up properly myself, hence it's a little wonky.


This next pic is a two-fer. The stripey top is one I really didn't like that much when I tried it on, but for a buck I can wear it round the house. It's short sleeve with a hood. Not sure what's with that lately, I bought a pink one similar to it a few months back. The jacket cost me $4 but I like it alot! It's a light blue corduory jacket and looks great with jeans. My only beef with it is the lapel pockets which won't lie flat. I think I'll be sewing some press studs on there to keep them down. On a side note, don't think I'll be wearing this top and jacket together.


And finally a handbag I got just before I got the flu, it was $3. I've been looking for some black boots to match but no luck so far. Still that's an excuse for more shopping right?



Well like I said I think I missed a few items, especially stuff I plan on refashioning but you'll see those at a later date ;)

Di

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 19, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

It was very interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Unknown November 20, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

Hey Di! Some great bargains there. We need shops like that nearer to me.

Hugs
xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com