Sew Saturday

Saturday, December 5, 2009

So I bought this jacket from the thrift store a few weeks back, but hadn't worn it because the top pockets would NOT lie flat. Pain in the butt they were, no amount of ironing or steaming was getting those suckers to stay in place, so I resorted to needle and thread! You can see the jacket below, with the flipped up pockets.


Using some items from my sewing stash I now have perfectly flat pockets that I'm sure you'll agree look a million times better! Just having that one thing irritating you about a piece of clothing can really ruin the whole outfit.


Nope I didn't sew the pocket closed! I simply added press studs! Just sewing two on each pocket really made all the difference to the pockets and the jacket as a whole! Amazing those small differences!


Here's the jacket after the flap attack. Looks much better huh? Also looks better with a solid color underneath I think, makes all the difference :)


Next project: Altering the hem on a pair of white cords. I picked up a pair at the thrift store that were 'long' but hey they fit in every other way, so I figure I'd just hack off the legs and hem them up :) Wish me luck!

Di

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 5, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Spot-On December 6, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Thanks for the compliments. I do write articles for ezines, magazines and blogs so I guess I am a writer of sorts yes :) Glad you enjoyed the article!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com