Card Sketch January #1

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First card sketch of the New Year! Happy New Year (again!). This weeks card sketch is based on a card I had published in Just Cards magazine a long time ago. It was one of the first I had published in their magazine and I just love the design and elements on the card that I had to share it again :)



Here is the card the sketch is based on. layering of papers, sentiment, bling and an acetate "ghost" flower. I love those clear accents on cards. Really good for adding something without distracting from the sentiment and they really give something to the overall design.


"Thanks very much" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Papers & rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Bling & flower: Heidi Swapp






"Thank You" card by Lizzy Davidson
Supplies: All patterned papers from Papermania , sweet nothings, spotty ribbon from paper mania, mirror card papermill and bow from a scrap of ribbon on my desk. 





"Happy Birthday" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers ~ Fancy Pants; Ribbon ~ Making Memories; Gems ~ Kars; Flower & stamp ~ from stash





"You Must" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: GCDStudios' Artsy Urban pps , Making Memories' Design Shop Dimensional stickers




Di

2 comments:

Susie Little January 10, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Hi there,

Here is my take on the sketch

Susie xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com