Round-Up March

Monday, April 12, 2010

What books and/or magazines did I read this month? 
I read a few books this month:

Also read some fitness magazines

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
I watched the Jamie Oliver show and am amazed at some of the things I am seeing on that show! Seriously "breakfast pizza"? WTF? I guess it's such a shock to me because I am a pretty health focused eater and really don't eat much junk so to see the crap that some families are eating has been a bit of a concern as a health and fitness professional. Like fries being considered a vegetable?

I went to the movie premier of "Eat Pray Love" starring Julia Roberts. I dunno, it was ok. Not sure if it's worth seeing at the cinema. Definitely not a guy movie. Honestly wasn't much of a chick flick either. I dunno I just didn't have an opinion either way on it.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
This month we celebrated Bob getting a promotion :) He is now Director of Technology at Disney, yay! He's work long hard hours since starting at Disney in 2008 so this was well deserved. Proud of you baby!!! To celebrate we went out for dinner with friends.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
None really :) I had a couple of days with a bit of a sore throat, but some Nyquil did the trick and it passed quickly!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Eating out, eating out and eating out! Like I mentioned above Bob got promoted, so did our friend Chris, and our friend Kass got a new job so lots of job celebrating going on! I think pretty much all the meals bar one were at Indian Restaurants, the other was greek :)

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We bought the recipe book Veganomicon so we're tried a few things from that. Namely chick pea and quinoa pilaf and banana waffles. Banana waffles have now become a Sunday morning staple at Chez Hickman, yummy!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Ooooh I splurged on a spinning course. I guess not that special or unusual for a fitness instructor but I had been trying to decide one way or another as to whether or not I wanted to teach Spin, and finally decided YES. I attended Kim's spin class and decided THAT is what Spin is for me, using the music to move the class, not as a bonus. For me the classes are ALL about the music! 

Speaking of Music I bought a fitness music CD called "Too Sexy", I love it so I guess it was a good purchase. I have such a diverse taste in music, choosing music is one of the hardest tasks for me in any situation. I can go from metal bands, to rock, to pop, to hip hop all in the space of one hour. My favorites though right now are 80's tunes. I borrowed a CD from a friend of 80's DJ mixed tunes for some classes and the mix is awesome! I have it on my iPod for running :) I hope to share more music in the future since I am now addicted to iTunes! lol!

This month I also bought some new headphones, then some more in April plus we bought new Dog Crates for traveling in the R, speaking of which we have 'booked' a vacation in May :) back out to the desert!

What were this month’s disappointments?
None :)

What were my accomplishments this month?
Personally I can't think of any other than teaching more classes, and making new friends which honestly beats out everything else. I did sign up for a 5K fun run in May so I guess actually signing up for something that I planned on doing is an accomplishment?

Anything else noteworthy to record?       
Bob and I made some decisions this month regarding the house, but more to come on that in next months round up!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com