Scrapbook Sunday: Die Cut mediums

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My article for June scrapbooking.com was all about using different mediums for die cuts instead of the regular paper and cardstock. The card below I used felt crafting sheets in a Sizzix machine to create the layered hearts.

Supplies: Adhesive: Adhesive Roller (3L), Glue Dots; Art Pens: Brush Pen: Sepia (Sakura); Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific); Craft Felt: Misc Craft Supplies Store; Ink: Black (Tsukineko); Paper & Stickers: Silhouette Paper Packet (Close to my Heart); Stamp: Happy Anniversary (Kolette Hall); Tools: double heart die, big shot machine (Sizzix) The ultimate crafters companion (Crafters Companion)


In the friends card I used these die cut shapes cut from foam. Foam crafting sheets can also be used in many die cutting machines. I love foam for adding texture and dimension to creative projects!

Supplies: Adhesive: Adhesive Roller (3L), Glue Dots ; Brad: Green flocked brad (7 gypsies); Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific) Yellow (Die cuts with a view); Die Cut Craft Felt: Misc Craft Supplies Store; Paper: Providence Scrap Strip (Scenic Route); Tools: The ultimate crafters companion (Crafters Companion)

On the hugs card below I used chipboard with my Sizzix machine and added crackle glaze for a bit of an extra textural touch. Chipboard fits in most larger die cut machines and is great for shapes that require depth.

Supplies: Adhesive: Adhesive Roller (3L), Glue Dots; Art Medium: Crackle Glaze (Ranger); Art Pens: PermOpaque pen Red (Sukura); Photo Corner: doo dads (one heart… one mind); Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific) ; Chipboard: White chipboard; Ink: Hollyhock (Close to my heart); Paper: Daisy Days All in a row (Dream Street); Ribbon: hearts (Maya Road); Stamp: Scripty Words (Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms); Tools: Charms & Buckles die, big shot machine (Sizzix) The ultimate crafters companion (Crafters Companion)

Again below is more foam, this time I used my sizzix machine and a flower die. Foam is so versatile and cheap too! Excellent embellishment for cards and scrapbook pages!

Supplies: Adhesive: Adhesive Roller, Adhesive Foam Squares (3L), Glue Dots; Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific); Craft Foam: Misc Craft Supplies Store; Paper: Magic Moments Paper Packet (Close to my Heart); Ribbon: White ribbon (Boxer Scrapbooks); Rub-on Alpha: Providence, white (Making Memories); Tools: flower power #1 die, big shot machine (Sizzix) The ultimate crafters companion (Crafters Companion)


I've also used sandpaper, acetate, vinyl, vellum and other plastics in my die cut machine (Sizzix).

So what else do you run through your die cut machine other than the usual paper/cardstock?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com