Review: Desert Essence Cleansing Pads

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Desert Essence Cleansing Pads 



Product Claims
Reduces oil that can lead to break-outs. Soothes and calms skin. Convenient pads are great for travel or your gym bag. Used regularly, these convenient pads help improve skin texture, clarity and radiance. Won Better Nutrition Best of Beauty Awards, 2010

 
Why I chose this product
I initially bought these because I'd been using the Desert Essence Face Wash (previously reviewed here) and been impressed with the results I was getting with the face wash and thought these would be a great addition to my skincare routine. I was looking for an exfoliator to add to my routine and that's what these essentially are. Inside the container are 50 liquid soaked pads. As you can see from the photo above, the pads are about 2" in diameter, and have a textured surface which is where the exfoliation comes into effect.

My Opinion
As I said in my last review I am trying to do these reviews honestly and so with that said I used all 50 of these and probably won't be buying them again. Not that they didn't do their job, they did! It's just they didn't work well for MY needs. I bought these in the hopes of using them daily, or every other day and they are too harsh for me personally to use daily. Also they are flimsy to hold and use, especially in the shower. Again this could just be a personal thing, I know many women LOVE these types of pads. The main reason I won't be using them though... the smell! The face wash smells natural and although smells strong it's contained in the pumper then washes down the drain. These suckers stick around in the waste basket and stink up the whole bathroom. Not a fan of my bathroom smelling of tea tree oil. Again these are just my personal opinions, I tried them, I decided they weren't for me, and hence the review.


As I wasn't a fan of the cleansing pads I have been searching for other exfoliant products and have decided to try St Ives facial scrubs. I have a trial size of the apricot and the green tea scrub. So look for a review on those products coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com