Blog-versary - 5 years blogging!

Thursday, December 9, 2010


Today is the 5 year anniversary of my blogging! It's come a long way, as have I, since it began. Heck it wasn't even called Di Hickman back then, it was still "spot-on creations" named after my craft forum username. How things change eh? I started this blog originally as a place to post my creative stuff, and take part in the blog memes that were hopping around the web. That turned into so much though.

It's funny to thing that 5 years ago I had only had ONE card published, and was wondering if I was a one hit wonder? I also wasn't on any design teams and certainly not any manufacturer design teams! Seems like a lifetime ago.

I thought today that I'd repost the first creative thing I posted on the blog. It was a tag I made for receiving a RAK on 2peas. It actually got picked up for publication by Correspondent Art magazine back in early 2006 and was in their Spring/Summer 2006 publication I think.


So what does the future hold for me and blogging? Well I will still be blogging! However my main focus will be my new website that I am launching later this month, work out with Di. Which will be all things health & fitness related. If you are looking to embark on a healthier lifestyle in the New Year or maybe lose some weight? Then bookmark my new website and come workout with me! I'll be doing fitness video clips so you can do the workout I am doing and posting all kinds of stuff on health, fitness, nutrition and more!

As for this blog, yes I will still be posting. Maybe a little more sporadically but I will be posting! I have thought long and hard about what the future has in store for me, and if I can manage it I'll be creating when I can. Documenting my life in the only way I know how, blogging and scrapbooking. I have to accept that my life has changed so much in the last two years, especially the last year and I am so hoping that by pairing down some responsibilities I can continue with both the fitness and creative work. 

With that said some things have to end, and I have decided to close my digital store at Di Hickman Designs. Sales have been slow and you may have noticed that my digital releases have been pretty sparse this year, and so I just cannot justify the time and energy that goes into keeping that store open. I will still be at Scrapwow, and may even release some new products on occasion but for now that part of my creative life is taking a back seat in the hopes that I can keep both websites open and current AND continue with my design team work as well as manage my IRL fitness career.

So have a cupcake with me in celebration of my 5th blogaversary and here's to another 5 years!

Di


*cupcake clipart from foodclipart.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com