Review: Reminisce

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The October sponsor at Treasures to Scrap is Reminisce. I have to say that I had some Reminisce in my stash (Vegas, New York, and Christmas theme papers) so I kinda knew it was themed product, and that was fine. Anyway, in my package I received the Halloween line "10:31" and the vacation/beach line "surf shop".

The 10:31 was so cool to work with, something out the ordinary for me. Initially I was cautious as I don't have kids but then I remembered these photo's. I've scrapped them before digitally so it was a good change to break out the paper and mix it up. This was the first time I'd used Reminisce stickers and they are pretty cool, thick cardstock weight stickers. I've shared these already this month as they are based on the October layout sketch.


papers & stickers: Reminisce; Cardstock: DCWV; Alpha stickers: American Crafts; Rub-on: MM; computer journaling; pen: zig;

papers & stickers: Reminisce; Cardstock: DCWV; ink;
computer journaling; eyelets: MM


Late in 2006 I made a little project using snowflake Reminisce papers that got published in Ready Set Create Dec/Jan issue. As part of my "new rule" to USE my scraps, when I sorted through my stash for Reminisce papers I found the left over sheet (almost a whole sheet!) and decided to whip up some Christmas cards. Kinda killing two birds with one stone. Everything here is using scraps and embellishments from my stash, something you'll be seeing more and more of in the future weeks as I try to "contain" the ever growing mass. [Oh and the pre-printed embellishments are from Target - December 2006 Dollar Spot. Did I mention I hoard Scrapbook supplies? Anyway they went really well with this paper!]

Patterned Paper: Reminisce; Cardstock: DCWV; Brads: Joanns; Embellishment: Target

Oh and it doesn't show up too well in photographs but this paper has a shimmer to it. Totally great for Winter holiday cards and projects. I noticed all my winter papers (yes again - stash) had this shimmer, not a sparkley glitter but a subtle sheen.

Patterned Paper: Reminisce; Cardstock: DCWV & Bazzill; Rub-ons: DCWV; Embellishment: Target

Patterned Paper: Reminisce; Cardstock: DCWV & Bazzill; Rub-ons: DCWV; Embellishment: Target

Patterned Paper: Reminisce; Cardstock: DCWV; Embellishment: Target; Ribbon: DCWV; Rhinestones: Westrim Crafts
Patterned Paper: Reminisce & Paper Adventures; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-on: Scrap-ease; Snowflake brad: unknown;

There was also another card featuring the same Reminisce papers that I did for Wednesdays card sketch, but it got picked up by Jen at Ready Set Create! So imagine that here too ok?

After I used all that one sheet I moved onto some of the other sheets I had. Figured I'd just keep on creating and creating till it was all gone. Plus I kept saying I'd get these Christmas cards done, over Summer and never did so yep I was feeling a tad guilty. Another good reason for me doing these cards is I have to send them early to England anyway and heck it's already MID-OCTOBER! I need to get a move on!

Patterned Paper: Reminisce; Cardstock: Bazzill; Gift Tag: Target; Magic Mesh; Rub-on: Scrap-ease; Ribbon: Offray

As often happens with me, once I start with something I can't stop. Between cleaning, filing, and tidying I made a ton of cards. I did another couple yesterday that I need to scan/photograph, so don't be surprised to see LOTS more Christmas cards this month (you started yours yet?). Now most of them are pretty simple designs, very little in the way of techniques but I like simple card so that's ok. I am also happy that I am USING my stash!

As for the Reminisce "surf shop" line, well I promised myself not to use it till I finished with the Halloween and Xmas lines. (remember that scraps/stash rule?) Usually I'd just do a couple of projects with each and then store the scraps, well NO MORE! I plan to use the scraps first. So don't expect any of the surf shop till you are sick of seeing Halloween and Christmas, lol!

I will definitely be buying more Reminisce, especially the Christmas lines, that shimmer paper is beautiful. I still have lots of the Christmas paper to use yet (stash rule dictates I MUST use it before moving onto other papers) so those looking for more Holiday Cards will see more this month. Same with Halloween. If you want to see more Reminisce projects check out the TTS Reminisce gallery.

3 comments:

Beverley Todd October 14, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

you win - I'm now sufficiently shamed into making a serious effort to get my christmas cards done (& use up that stash, of course). Great cards!

Neasa October 14, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Wow, beautiful L.O's and cards. Will be back!!!

jo October 15, 2007 at 2:00 AM  

Love all those cards Di!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com