Merry Christmas Eve!

Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays everyone! I really wanted to share my Boxer holiday cards with you but they all got picked up for publication in the seasonal ezines and I can't share yet, so maybe next month! Meanwhile it's the holiday season! Christmas eve today and the big day tomorrow. We haven't decorated, second year with no tree up. Just isn't the same without family. Really though this time of year is for children, seeing their faces light up at new gifts. That joy in new toys I think is captured perfectly in this layout of my friend Nancy's daughter Bella. She loves her trike and how perfectly does the Boxer paper work with these photo's? I love it! I love the expression on Bella's face as she's pedaling furiously along, just totally cute! (No-one breath a word but rumor has it that Santa is bringing Bella a big-girl bike tonight! Yay Santa!)


I think this layout shows that you don't have to think RACE CAR with the "start your engines" stamp set! Yes it has race cars in it, but you can think beyond that! How can those stamps be interpreted? Well I'll be showing more layouts and cards later this week with this stamp set, giving you a variety of options, and thinking outside the box! I guess I had to really as I didn't have that many car photo's. Plus it got my brain working overtime! I shared this layout on the Boxer Design Team blog, great blog for idea's using those Boxer Products!


In other news, my Oly and I are bonding nicely! I haven't read through all the manual yet but I've been snapping a few shots getting used to new buttons etc, and looking through the viewfinder instead of the screen. I took this photo last night with the Oly and the 150mm lens.

Taken with Olympus E-510, 150mm lens, & tripod. Edited in Photoshop for levels, curves cropping.

Whilst it's not perfect for a shot that's taken 'on the fly' with no idea on the settings and what the buttons do I think it's pretty cool! Lots to learn with this camera, and it's going to be a long journey!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Di

4 comments:

All That Chit Chat December 24, 2007 at 12:26 PM  

Love the Hot Roddin' layout. You go girl!

Inma December 24, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Have a fantastic time celebrating even if there are no decorations, they are not that important. :)

Merry Christmas to you, Bob, your family, friends and dogs. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Lynn Anne December 25, 2007 at 2:01 AM  

I think the photo's stunning ... on the fly or not! Love when I see stamps taken 'out of the box', especially specifically themed ones. Always love another occasion for stamping :)

Tammy Dunlap December 25, 2007 at 7:49 AM  

Awesome photo! I so wanted to get one last night of the moon here it had rings around it but was just too tired after opening gifts at my parents and stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com