Danger Danger!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

So long time blog readers will be aware that I'm not a girly girl. Basically I'm a bit of a tomboy (even though I'm 36), I prefer anything to clothes/make-up shopping and my favorite attire is jeans and t-shirt, comfort is key for me. If you've been following the blog for a while you'll know that my main hobby besides scrapbooking is dirtbiking. I got my first dirtbike in 2006 for my 35th birthday. The TTR was great as something to learn on, but sadly I've outgrown it and needed to look for something bigger, something with big wheels, bigger engine and room to grow... so we bought one of these:

A 2006 Honda CRF 230! Still got the electric start but its bigger, much bigger. Bob spent some time this weekend lowing the forks etc so that I'll be able to actually touch the floor with something other than tip toes. We did go shopping at cycle gear for new gear, and I totally lucked out on some bargains!!! Got a new jersey, pants and gloves all in red (as my current gear is blue) all, on sale and all DIRT cheap! Bob got me some new handlebars, and new grips, but we still need to get some handguards in red as my moosebars taken from the TTR have blue plastic guards which totally clash with the red on the bike! You have to think of the photo's afterall and future scrapbook layouts!!! I did test ride the Honda up and down the street and man it's got some power compared to the TTR! So look out for more "falling off the bike" stories coming soon!!!

On a side note, if anyone is looking for Yamaha TTR 125e, I know one that's for sale *smile*



Ok and just to add some creative stuff this weekend here is a card I made a few months back for one heart... one mind. This was during the peak of my bling era! The bottom peach colored strip is created in photoshop, added the text and printed out.

Supplies: All papers by one heart... one mind; Cardstock: DCWV; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Rhinestones: Westrim Crafts

Busy with creative stuff this week, but will be updating as usual. Big congrats to my friend (and card sketch girl) Kim Hughes who got a card picked up by Scrapbook Trends using one of my sketches!!! You go girl!!!

more soon!

Di

2 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember January 21, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

woo hoo Di...you go girl! The dirt bike looks cool....I think I'll stick to my son's 90 4-wheeler LOL Congrats to Kim on her card with your sketch - woo hoo!

Deborah January 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

My husband is (was) a big dirt-biker - and even has a Honda CRF!! He might be selling it now, though, because of a knee injury. I've never ridden one, but he has gotten me into watching the supercross and motorcross on tv.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com