Photo Friday

Friday, August 29, 2008


Decided it was time to implement some changes around here. Waaaaay back did a photography challenge each month and thought I should try and implement that again. I had this brand spanking new camera in December and I hardly know how to use it, so I figure a monthly challenge is in order! This challenge is again like most challenge on here, for me, if you wanna join in feel free, if not then just put up with my ramblings :)

Confession: My camera is an SLR. I don't know how to use it properly.

Oh I've played with it, tinkered with the settings even though I don't know what I'm doing and I even read the manual... half way. So that is my first challenge: READ YOUR MANUAL! Seriously we need to know the stuff they include in there! Make sure you have your manual AND camera in front of you. Don't try and understand ALL the knobs, buttons, switches etc just know that they are there and have a vague understanding of what each section of your manual relates to! on the camera so it's not like a foreign body. Plus at least if someone says "Didn't you read the manual?" you can honestly say "YES!" Even if half of the information flew over your head... lol


'Course I have to FIND my manual first! I think it's in my camera bag....

2 comments:

Sandy August 30, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

Hi Di! I also have a SLR camera (although it is digital) and I have not read the book. But, after reading your challenge, I'm going to take the book and camera to bed with me for this long weekend - and try very hard to at least acknowledge each and every setting on my camera. Thank you, as always, for the inspiration!

Margaret Kane Ward August 30, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Di, I'm a relatively new lurker to your blog. I shot 35mm SLR for years. But I understand about the digital SLR being a bit more of a challenge. I'm looking forward to your other photo challenges in the upcoming months

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com