Card sketch-anniversary & UHU FUN!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Two years ago I posted my very first card sketch to the blog! Wow time fllies! At a sketch a week that's over 100 card sketches, yikes! Anyway to mark the occasion I thought this week would be all about cards, after all that's what started the whole ball rolling. Back in 2006 I'd undertaken a DT assignment to create card sketches for the site Crafty Keepsakes (since closed). I made a card, created a sketch in Paint Shop Pro, decided I might as well post it to my blog, and well everything just snowballed from there!

This was the first sketch I used exactly two years ago, I thought it would be fitting to use it this week when UHU asked for a sketch from me this month. Alyssa asked for sketches and projects to highlight our favorite UHU product. Obviously my project is a card (below) and my favorite UHU product is the glue roller, if you go over to the UHU blog they are running a promotion this month, the first 25 people will get the sample of their choosing! So drop by and get emailing!


This sketch being my first will always have a special place in my favorites file. Plus it's great for using scraps! All you need are some cordinating colored scraps and wham card done! I have to say I'm usually pretty lazy when it comes to stitching on cards and usually opt for faking it. This card was no exception! lol!

Supplies: Cardstock & Paper: DCWV; Flower: Target; Pen: Sakura; Stamp: Katie & Co; Adhesive: UHU glue roller.

Tip: Sometimes when you stamp on textured cardstock you don't get a complete impression due to the texture. I usually go over the stamped sentiment with a pen to get a better impression. On this one I used the Sakura glaze pens, so the ink has a raised/embossed feel (which totally doesn't show on the photo!).


So get creating! Get over to the UHU blog, and request your sample, and get ready for some more card fun this week!


Di

ps. WOW 100+ card sketches!!!! For those wondering yep they'll all be in the archives under sketches!

7 comments:

Fink November 3, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Love this sketch! I look forward to visiting your blog a lot more!

Barbara November 4, 2008 at 4:32 AM  

Di...Congrats on your "snow-balling blog career"....it's one of my favorite places to visit.
I am kind-of a newbie to scrapping...my very first layout was done on Oct 20, 2007 after I joined CTMH as a consultant.....and your blog is an inspiration!!!
Thanks so much for sharing all of your ideas and beautiful creations.
www.paper-creations117.blogspot.com
Barb in SC

Louly November 5, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

Hi Di,
Happy anniversary! I can see why this sketch was the beginning of a big success, it's fab! I had lots of fun with it and even used my sewing machine! No cheating here LOL.

Louly November 5, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

Forgot to say, it's on my blog.

Liz November 6, 2008 at 6:20 AM  

Happy Anniversary Di! Thanks for reposting this fab sketch, I had fun making a card with it today.

Liz x

Cheri November 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Hello, Di! Here's my attempt at your sketch on my blog, The Paper Freak.

Just-Kim November 29, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Di, I chose your Sketch and the UHU All Purpose Twist & Glue for my challenge this month. I finished my card today and I'm very happy with it. Since you were the inspiration, I thought I would share my finished challenge with you. You can find it on my blog at: http://itsjustmekim.blogspot.com/2008/11/uhu-challenge-november.html

Thanks for offering such a great sketch!!

Kim Parkinson

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com