Manufacturer Challenge - Crate Paper (4)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Last week of the Crate paper challenge, and I really hoped to have more to share this week. However as usual things just got busy here and well I only managed one layout and a card. I am leaving out the remnants at the side of my table in the hopes I get around to using them up on other projects in the next week or so. Afterall I need to make February's sketch cards soon!

First up is a layout. The greens and browns in these papers really make me think of nature, and well 2008 was a big nature year for me as I went back to my roots and got into gardening again. I used to grow my own vegetables in England and have started the same here in California. Just something so natural about growing your own, the excitement of starting from seed, nurturing the plants and watching them grow.

Supplies: Papers: Crate Paper; brads: JoAnns; Photo Corner: 3L; Foam letters: Miss Elizabeths;

For those wondering the foam letters on the layout above are from Dollartree. I picked them up on a whim (like most Dollartree purchases, lol!) but they work really well, so if you want cheap 'thickers' then head to dollar tree. Or grab your sizzix and cut your own!

My stash of "man cards" is dwindling so I whipped up a quickie this weekend. This features one of my current favorite stamp sets from CTMH. It's a seasonal set featuring all the holidays and sentiments you could want for the whole year! Awesome set! If you buy one set from CTMH imo this one should be it, it's called "thoughtful seasons".

Supplies: Papers: Crate Paper; Buttons: Misc; Stamp & Ink: CTMH;

And so back to work for me. I'm currently writing an article for Scrapbooking.com for March, already done the projects just need to get some tip-tapping on the keyboard done! Oh and take the pics, resize etc!

Oh and incase anyone is interested I hit my first fitness goal of the year! I ran 2 miles on Friday :) Boy was I tired after (still fighting Bobs icky sickie germs) but I did it! Whoohoo! I felt great too! Today was a Medium run of 1 1/2 miles. I've been thinking a lot about the mini book I started at the beginning of the month and decided to go with something else. There just isn't enough room for the journaling in this one. Guess as usual I had more to say than I thought about the whole experience! So I'm working on something else. Something to document the whole year! It's a work in progress, and something a little different for me (which I hope I can pull off, lol) anyway I hope to share it soon!

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com