Manufacturer Monday - Arctic Frog wk 5

Monday, March 31, 2008

Here it is, the last Monday of March and the last week for Artic Frog on the blog. It was a card making FRENZY for me this Manufacturer Month... and that's ok. I mentioned on week 1 that masculine cards were my focus for these papers. The line I had was the 'by the sea' collection, and I had 4 papers, chipboard coasters and alphabet stickers (design team project leftovers). The colors just lend themselves to masculine layouts.

As I'd already made a few birthday cards for upcoming birthdays I decided to continue on using my older sketches and made a couple of cards. These ones will be ones I send to my Mum with my weekly letter. Just a little something to brighten her week :) This card is based on a card sketch from way back in December 2006!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Papers: Artic Frog; Stickers: Artic Frog; Die: Sizzix circle frames; Stamp: Fiskars; Ink: Ranger;

I have always loved this design, simple, classic and well it was based on the first card I got published, so more of a sentimental connection for me. The sketch was again back in December 2006!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Papers: Artic Frog; Ribbon: ki memories; Rub-on: DCWV;

I dug through some supplies and found this sticker (actually I had 3!), and I think it came from a card making set at Target, but not 100% sure on that. Even though it's more a bright turquoise, with some coordinating cardstock it works!

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; papers: Arctic Frog; Sticker: Misc;

Pretty much by this time after making all these cards I was running down to the last few scraps. So I had to get creative with some of them. I'm not one for throwing good paper away just because it doesn't 'go' with anything else, afterall patterned paper ALWAYS goes with cardstock! So if you have just one strip of paper this old sketch of mine works great!

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; paper: Arctic Frog; rub-on: Scrap-ease; flower: misc; button: misc; pen: sakura;

Seeing as we're talking about scraps, here is another sketch of mine that works well for just odd bits of patterned paper. This is one I go back to over and over, it's timeless, and works for so many kinds of cards!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Arctic Frog; rub-on: DCWV;


New Manufacturer projects coming in April!

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com