Dreamstreet projects

Monday, January 7, 2008

Each month I plan on holding challenges for us to USE our stash, whether manufacturer, product or embellishment. You can either join in, or just sit back and watch me create like a mad fiend, remember it's just for fun! As Dreamstreet is sponsoring the Design Team this month at Treasures to Scrap, and as it's my last upload there I figured I'd make this months manufacturer challenge: DREAMSTREET PAPERS. As I don't have a whole lot of Dreamstreet I decided that I could use my everlasting stash of DCWV paper too this month! (*DT work excluded).

When I got my Dreamstreet package from TTS I was slightly worried, I'll admit it. I got the Tea for Two line by Tracy Whitney, which is WAY out my usual style. This is what I love about design teams though, they push you out of your box and make you try new things! Now I can't share EVERYTHING I made with these papers yet as some of them use next weeks sketch :) and I used Dreamstreet for the January #1 card sketch. So as you can see I am using these papers! In fact I used the heck out of them, and this line is GONE! I made 10 cards (with envelopes or liners).

First up is a card I made back in December for our friend Alicia. Her birthday is 2 days after mine. It was when I did this card I realized I was out of birthday rub-ons. "How does that happen" I hear you ask? By using your stash!!! I keep saying I'm using my stash and obviously this is proof!!! This one is based on my December #3 card sketch from 2007.


Supplies: Patterned Paper: Dreamstreet; Flower: Prima; Button: DCWV; rub-on: Scrap-ease; Ink: Tim Holtz;

The last few days of December I had the same sketch on my mind. I can't help it! Once I see papers work well with a design it sticks! I've also noticed my inking (and sanding) made a come back with these papers. Maybe its just specific papers that I seem drawn to ink/sand? I do think inking goes especially well with the more "vintage" style patterns.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Dreamstreet; Flower: misc; brad: K&Co; rub-on: Stamp: Fiskars; Ink: Around the Block;

This card is based on an older sketch from last year. Great design for using those leftover scraps. I used all matching on this one but they could just be co-ordinating colors! Love using my scraps! Notice the inking again? I think on this one it needed the inking because of the layering, maybe that's the reason with the inking lately? I'm doing more layering!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Dreamstreet; Flower: Prima; Button: DCWV; rub-on: Royal; Ink: Around the Block;

This card uses the Dec #4 sketch. Heck they are all from my sketches!!! How did I not notice this initially? lol. Not that it matters I love working with sketches, especially my own! Also loving these conches from Scrapworks! Got a bunch of these in a RAK last year and just started using them!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Dreamstreet (card), DCWV (envelope); Flower: misc; conch: Scrapworkds; Stamp: Fiskars;

I also used this line for the card sample on the Jan #1 sketch. I have some more Dreamstreet to use including some papers from Bella Donna, and Daisy Days. Plus more cards to share with the "Tea for Two" line later this month.

Remember if you don't have the particular manufacturer I suggest, then make your own challenge!!! Pick paper manufacturer out your stash and USE IT!!! Make yourself step out of your box, and use that sucker till it's GONE!

Get creative!!!


Di

ps. By the way ALL sketch team emails have gone out! So check you're inbox! I swear I'm a glutton for punishment. I took on more than I originally said I would, and then I made a second 'runner-up' list for some month long guest positions. I really wish I could have taken everybody, but as it is I've more than doubled my workload each week. Rest assured though that I'll be pulling future members from the current names on file. No way am I doing another call... this stuff is too hard! (someone remind me of this next time I get the bright idea to do a team call ok?)

5 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon January 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Your cards are fabulous and totally inspiring :)

Thanks for the template!!

Susie January 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

terrific card sketches!!!

tchoucreation January 8, 2008 at 2:10 AM  

beautiful cards and sketch!!

Murphy's Law January 8, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

ooooooooooo great cards and you can't go wrong w/dreamstreet!!! yummy!

Anonymous,  January 8, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

Love your cards Di! I had a go at your challenge, results are on my blog. Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com